Wednesday, May 15, 2013

ON LOCATION: Cedar Rapids

Showing my photographer friend around the older parts of Cedar Rapids, looking for compelling places and things, we stumbled on some really interesting stuff. I was surprised at how much Cedar Rapids has changed post-flood, and how much is gone. On the flip side, the New Bohemia area was really vibrant and busy with places to shop and eat, even the bike trail was busy near the river. That area really is a destination.

Barry Phipps (www.barryphippsphotography.com) also showed me how to use my vintage rangefinder (film) camera (Canonet QL-17 GIII) and I learned so much about it (such a quiet, classic little camera). 

I took the following photos with my Canon 60D:




Add caption












ALL PHOTOS COPYRIGHT 2013 TONYA KEHOE

2 comments:

  1. Great shots! Thanks for the guided tour of Cedar Rapids yesterday. It's a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! Can't wait to shoot some photos sometime with you again....

    ReplyDelete